SUNY Canton Announces New Hires and Promotions
SUNY Canton President Dr. Joseph L. Kennedy and the senior leadership team announced several key hires and recent promotions that will aid in the ongoing growth of the College.
“Please join me in welcoming new faculty and staff members and congratulating employees who recently received promotions or reclassifications,” said Kennedy. “Our dedicated faculty and staff help drive the success of SUNY Canton and its continuing growth.”
Among the most recent full and part-time additions at SUNY Canton are:
- David Bradman was hired as the new women’s lacrosse coach. Both women’s and men’s lacrosse will start this spring as varsity sports.
- Michael Budler was hired as a campus worker in grounds. He’s assisting with snow removal on campus and other projects at the College.
- Renee M. Butterfield was hired as the assistant director of the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP). CSTEP is the College’s newest grant-funded scholars program designed to prepare minority and economically disadvantaged students for specific careers.
- Daniel V. Callahan was hired as a University Police officer. He is also enrolled in the St. Lawrence County/David Sullivan Law Enforcement Academy.
- Amanda L. Deckert was hired as an admissions counselor. She formerly worked in the Student Service Center and has taken an active role in the College’s social media outreach efforts to connect with incoming students.
- Chad M. Delosh was hired as a paid intern in Admissions. He began as an Admissions intern from the management program with the guidance of Associate Professor Charles R. Fenner.
- Bryan Ingalls was hired as the new women’s softball coach. He comes to SUNY Canton from SUNY Cortland and has more than seven years of coaching experience.
- Brooke E. James was hired as a business advisor in the Small Business Development Center. Brook has helped orchestrate two on-campus workshops to help area small businesses save energy and secure government contracts.
- Gudrun B. Johnson was hired as an agency service representative in the Student Service Center. She works on student accounts and will be assisting parents and students with financial aid and billing.
- Priscilla Leggette was hired as associate director of student activities. She assists with preparing campus events and has been well very received by the students.
- Tyler Moulton was hired as a University Police officer. Tyler is enrolled in the St. Lawrence County/David Sullivan Law Enforcement Academy.
- Janet Parcell-Mitchell was hired as an additional athletic trainer to assist Chris Scuderi with the growing number of student-athletes and new sports teams at the College. We’ve added four new sports this year.
- David R. Penepent was hired as an assistant professor and program director of the funeral services administration program. He is the former manager of Herson Funeral Home in Montrose, Pa., and is currently studying for his doctorate in applied management and decision science from Walden University.
- Sheila S. Peo was hired as the interim director of accommodative services earlier this fall. She was hired to fill in for Veigh Mehan Lee during a temporary leave of absence.
- Michael J. Smith was hired as an agency service representative in the Student Service Center. He will be providing phone support and helping to implement portions of the Banner Document Management System.
- Andres J. Sovero was hired as an admissions counselor. He recruits in the New York City area, which has seen a demonstrated increase in applicants.
- Heather Tate was hired as an instructional designer for SUNY Canton OnLine. She has been offering innovative professional development programming for faculty members.
- Jennifer Whittaker was hired as an assistant librarian at Southworth Library. She interned for a semester with Library staff and is overseeing Southworth’s digital initiatives.
Recent promotions and reclassifications include:
- Courtney B. Bish was recently promoted to dean of students. Courtney will be replacing Daniel J. Sweeney, who will continue his bridge to retirement as the assistant dean of students and Greek life coordinator.
- Kyle Brown was promoted to director of information services and SUNY Canton OnLine. Kyle was also recently named to the Information Technology Transformation Team and will be making recommendations for SUNY-wide IT initiatives.
- Julie A. Cruickshank was promoted to staff associate in the Davis Health Center. She is the primary assistant to Patricia A. Todd, director of health services and oversees tobacco cessation initiatives on campus.
- Michelle Currier was promoted to director of Library Services. She previously was the Interim Director of Library Services and will be helping with SUNY-wide shared library initiatives.
- Kismet Hampton (formerly Crump) was promoted to admissions advisor. She has taken over coordination of the admissions for the highly selective nursing program.
- John M. Kennedy was promoted to director of Residence Life. John has been the associate director of residence life for the past year. He is also the men’s cross-country coach and works with the Drop-in Advising Center to coordinate new student orientation.
- Erin Lassial was promoted to admissions advisor. She oversees the College’s tour guide program and developed a comprehensive training program to enhance visiting students’ overall experience.
- Mathew C. Nichols was promoted to Instructional Support Associate in the SUNY Canton OnLine offices. He provides faculty with ANGEL technical support.
- John Stebbins was promoted to Supervising Janitor. He’s in charge of the night custodial staff in all the academic buildings.
- Cori L. Wilhelm was promoted to Assistant Director of Admissions. She’s acted as interim Assistant Director for two years and has provided a constant form of support for new and seasoned counselors.
All new hires and promotions, including temporary and permanent appointments, were announced after the start of the Fall 2011 semester. Promotions prior were noted in the fall Human Resources Newsletter. Photos of promotions are routinely updated on the Employee Recognition page. Both are available on the Human Resources webpage.