SUNY Canton Helps Launch Professions at Annual Career Fair
The SUNY Canton Career Services office will be hosting its annual fall Career Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 7, with employers recruiting in both Nevaldine Technology Center and the Richard W. Miller Campus Center. The Fair is free and open to the public, and the college openly invites job seekers from the community.
“Our Career Fair often serves as a first interview for full-time employment,” said Julie A. Parkman, SUNY Canton director of career services. “Employers can also recruit interns, and seasonal or temporary help.”
Employers interested in recruiting at the Career Fair should contact SUNY Canton Career Services by calling (315) 386-7119, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Career Services Office will also be holding Drop-In resume help Monday, Sept. 29, from Noon to 6 p.m. and Tuesday, Sept. 30, from 4 to 10 p.m. in the Southworth Library. Staff members will help students, alumni and community members hone their resumes.
Nearly 40 employers will be attending the fair, including:
- 4M Precision Industries, Inc.
- Banfield Pet Hospital
- Berkshire Farm Center and Services For Youth
- Boys and Girls Club of Massena
- Bricklayers Local 2 NY
- Canton Potsdam Hospital
- Cazenovia Equipment Company, Inc.
- Clarkson University
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Control Technologies, Inc.
- DeFelsko Corporation
- Electrical Workers IBEW local union 910
- Great Lakes Cheese
- Innovative Building Technologies and Building Management, Inc.
- IEC Electronics
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Massena Memorial Hospital
- Mort Backus and Sons
- New York Independent System Operator
- Newcomber Funeral Service Group
- Northern Credit Union
- Northern Orthopedic Laboratory
- Peace Corps
- Penski, Inc. Staffing
- R. L. Kistler
- Schneider Packaging Equipment Company, Inc.
- SeaComm Federal Credit Union
- Siemens Industries, Inc. (Building Technologies Division)
- Skyko International LLC
- St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center
- SUNY Potsdam Center for Graduate Studies
- TRC Power Delivery
- U. S. Customs and Border Protection
- UA Local 73 Plumbers and Steamfitters
- Vermont State Police
- Woodcock and Armani Mechanical Contractors
About SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton is Northern New York’s premier college for career-driven bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees and certificate programs. The college delivers quality hands-on programs in engineering technology, health, management and public service. Faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as eight exclusively online bachelor’s degrees. The college’s 14 athletic teams compete as provisional members of the NCAA Division III and the USCAA.