The SUNY Canton Davis Health Center has invited more than 25 area agencies to campus to help educate students, faculty, staff and the community about healthy lifestyles.
The fall Health Fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28, in the Richard W. Miller Campus Center. The event is free and open to the public.
Attendees can undergo screenings for bone density, blood pressure and body mass index. There will also be information about organ and blood donation, caring for Alzheimer’s patients, health care plans, safe driving, health and fitness strategies, hospice services, adoption services, and more. Physical Therapist Assistant program students will also administer mini-massages from 10 a.m. to noon.
In addition, the Mobile Veterans Center, which is used to serve geographically remote communities, will be on hand to provide counseling services and information for military veterans and their families.
Representatives from the following organizations will be in attendance:
- ACR Health
- Alzheimer’s Association of Central NY
- American Red Cross of Northern New York
- Canton Potsdam Hospital
- Community Health Center of the North Country
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Fidelis Care
- Friends in Adoption
- Health and Fitness Promotions
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- I Love NY Water
- Kinney Drug
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Potsdam Food Co-op
- Finger Lakes Organ Donor Recovery
- Lawrence County Stop DWI/Traffic Safety Program
- Lawrence County Public Health Programming
- SUNY Canton College Association
- SUNY Canton Counseling Center
- SUNY Canton Davis Health Center
- The Body Shop Fitness and Salon
- Trillium Center for Yoga and Health
- United Health Care
- Watertown Veterans Center
- William A. Graber, MD, PC
For more information, contact SUNY Canton Health Educator and Wellness Coordinator Farren C. Lobdell at (315) 386-7958 or send an email to email@example.com.
About SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton is Northern New York’s premier college for career-driven bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees and certificate programs. The college delivers quality hands-on programs in engineering technology, health, management and public service. Faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as ten exclusively online bachelor’s degrees. The college’s 14 athletic teams compete as members of the NCAA Division III.