SUNY Canton Four-Year Online Majors Ranked, Listed and Recognized
“Online programs allow the college to expand and offer its newest majors to a larger audience,” said SUNY Canton Provost Douglas M. Scheidt. “Our faculty members have created high quality courses that continue to keep the college academically competitive.”
Of the 15 online degree offerings available at the college, the following were recognized by a variety of web-based ranking organizations:
- The Bachelor of Technology in Homeland Security and the Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management led SUNY Canton to a 17th place ranking out of 50 similar online colleges according to ValueColleges.
- The online Bachelor of Science in Nursing was ranked 8th of 11 similar programs by Affordable Colleges Online. The program was noted again by MedCareer News, who listed it as the best online nursing program in the state.
- Affordable Colleges Online also ranked the four-year Legal Studies program highly among other similar online programs.
- The Veterinary Services Management Bachelor of Business Administration Degree made the Accredited Online Schools Best Veterinary Programs List.
- The same organization rated the college 6th out of 45 for the best criminal justice bachelor’s degree in the nation for its popular online Law Enforcement Leadership program.
- Affordable Colleges.com named the four-year Finance program as one of the best values in the nation.
- The four-year Health Care Management program was also named a best value by Affordable Colleges.com
The organizations use formulas that evaluate program accreditation status, in-state tuition and fees, financial aid statistics, student-to-teacher ratio and other statistics to determine each ranking.
The college offers its online programs through its virtual campus, SUNY Canton OnLine. It recently became an institutional participant with the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA). The move aims to simplify how colleges and universities are authorized to offer distance education. Approximately 50 percent of SUNY Canton’s online Winterterm and Summer Session students enroll from outside of New York.
“We are one of the first SUNY colleges to move ahead and receive authorization,” said Associate Provost Molly A. Mott. “As a member of SARA, we are making it easier for students in other states to take our fully online degrees.”
SUNY Canton Online was also named among the top 10 disability-friendly online schools in the nation, according to SR Education Group.
About SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton is Northern New York’s premier college for career-driven bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees and professional certificate programs. The college delivers quality hands-on programs in engineering technology, health, management and public service and recently received number one rankings in library resources, library services and tutoring services in the SUNY Student Opinion Survey. The college’s faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as 13 exclusively online degrees. The college’s 15 athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division III level and are conference members of the newly formed American Collegiate Athletic Association.
Tags: Doug Scheidt, emergency management, homeland security, Law Enforcement Leadership, legal studies, Molly Mott, National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements, nursing, SARA, veterinary service administration