SUNY Canton’s Fall Health Fair will showcase the area’s many health-related resources.
Nearly 30 organizations have joined the college for the fair, scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22, in the Richard W. Miller Campus Center’s Woodcock Conference Suites. The event is free and open to the public and is offered through the college’s Davis Health Center.
There will be a variety of health topics covered, including addiction treatment, mental health, SNAP, WIC, herbal nutrition, domestic violence and sexual assault services, preventative care, long term care, yoga, child safety, health insurance enrollment, in addition to grief and stress relief strategies. Screenings include iridology, family planning benefit program eligibility, posture screening, blood pressure, Body Mass Index, and Diabetes risk assessment.
Participants in the Fall 2019 Health Fair include:
- ACR Health
- Child Advocacy Center of Northern New York
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Community Health Center of the North Country
- Fidelis Care
- Health Way
- Hospice of St. Lawrence Valley
- Kinney Drugs
- Maximizing Independent Living Choices
- North Country Prenatal/Perinatal Council, Inc.
- Northern Area Health Education Center
- Planned Parenthood of the North Country
- Reachout of St. Lawrence County
- Renewal House
- Seaway Parkinson’s Coalition
- Seaway Valley Prevention Council
- St. Joseph’s Addiction Treatment and Recovery Centers
- St. Lawrence County Community Services
- St. Lawrence Health System
- St. Lawrence County Public Health
- State Hearing and Audiology
- SUNY Canton College Association Inc.
- SUNY Canton Counseling Center
- SUNY Canton EMS
- SUNY Canton Nursing Student Association
- SUNY Canton Advising and First Year Experience Office
- SUNY Canton Health and Fitness Promotion program
- SUNY Canton Physical Therapist Assistant program
- Yoga Loft
About SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton is Northern New York’s premier college for career-driven bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees and professional certificate programs. The college delivers quality hands-on programs in digital design, engineering technology, health, management and public service. Faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. As SUNY’s leader in online education, SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as 18 online degree programs. The college placed first in 14 categories in a SUNY-Wide Student Opinion Survey, most notably in career services, tutoring, library resources, and classroom facilities. The college’s 15 traditional athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division III level as part of the North Atlantic Conference. SUNY Canton also offers varsity esports and cheerleading.